Full Time: No current openings
Part Time: Westminster Presbyterian Church Nursery Worker Position Description
Westminster Lincoln Presbyterian Church is a congregation whose mission is to be broadly inclusive, spiritually alive, and growing in mission.
Purpose: To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children while at our Church, ages 0-3 years in a clean environment.
Pay: Hourly at $15/hour.
- Providing age-appropriate care which may include: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer. Universal precautions should always be used while changing diapers or time of body fluids.
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the service/program start time and stay until all closing duties are completed after the church event(s).
- Childcare hours typically include every Sunday, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM for worship and accompanying educational programs and Wednesdays, September-December, 5:00 to 7:30 for our Westminster On Wednesdays programing.
- Nursery workers are expected to work all Sundays, even if Sunday falls on a holiday.
- You will be asked to work other church events, i.e. Spooktacular, C is for Christmas. The opportunity for extra work will be announced at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
- You are expected to work during non-Sunday worship services for Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, and two services on Christmas Eve. The hours of these events will be specified at least four weeks in advance.
- Stay until the children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form.
- In the event of an emergency contact the Trish Souliere, Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry.
- Straighten the room and clean/sanitize any toys/beds before leaving. Used bed sheets will need to be placed in the dirty linen container and clean sheets are to be placed on the beds. Church staff or the volunteer will be responsible for laundering the sheets. A sanitizing solution will be available to use in the nursery.
- Attend an evaluation after a 90-day probationary period and thereafter annually.
- Report to the Director of Children’s and Youth Ministries any issues which are hindering the carrying out of any duties or responsibilities.
- Communicate in advance, by phone to the nursery coordinator: 1) any planned absences with an advance two- week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift.
- Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 3.
- At least 18 years of age
- Satisfactory completion of background check and drug screening
- Must be up-to-date on vaccinations, including a full protocol of one of the COVID-19 vaccination options.
- Satisfactory completion of CPR training for infants and children.
- Three references.
- There will be a 90-day probationary period where either party may terminate employment without cause. Beyond this, a two week notice for resignation is expected.
- Dependability is essential. Tardiness and excessive absences cannot be tolerated and will result in termination of employment. Immediate termination will occur in cases of intentional verbal, physical, or emotional abuse or neglect of any child, parent, or church member.
- Termination may occur for failure to carry out job duties as described above or failure to comply with the “Westminster Child Protection Policy”.
Volunteers: Call the Church at 402-475-6702 for current opportunities.