Rev. Dr. Andrew McDonald
Senior Pastor & Head of Staff | email@example.com
Dr. McDonald’s major areas of focus are preaching, teaching, visioning, congregational care and leadership development. The Senior Pastor oversees the 30 staff members in the church and preschool. His educational highlights include:
- McCormick Theological Seminary – Doctor of Ministry
- Yale University – Master of Divinity
- Vanderbilt University – Master of Arts in Ethics
- University of Illinois – Bachelor of Social Work.
Dr. McDonald was first invited to Westminster as Senior Pastor in 1999. His passions include connecting faith with ethics. He has been asked to speak at community, state and national events, including such topics as Rethinking Character, Integrity, Ethics for Leaders, the Dynamics of Love, Vision for Christian Education and An Introduction to Ethics. He recently delivered the keynote address at the Nebraska Martin Luther King Day Celebration. He chairs the statewide Church Growth Leadership Project and serves on the Board of the Omaha Presbyterian Seminary Foundation. He is active in Lincoln’s Downtown Rotary #14. In his leisure time, you are likely to see him on the cycling trails around Lincoln.
Rev. Dr. Jimmy Shelbourn
Parish Associate | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor of Arts degree from Hastings College, Hastings NE
- Master of Divinity Degree, Louisville Seminary, Louisville KY
- Doctor of Ministry, Louisville Seminary, Louisville KY
- Pastor at First Presbyterian Church, Beatrice NE for 31 years
- Rev. Dr. Shelbourn ministers to our 75 and older members
Director of Children and Family Ministry | email@example.com
Barbara Hipple is known around the Presbyterian churches in Lincoln and in Homestead Presbytery as she served on the Presbytery staff for many years. She loves children and the Presbyterian Church. She was Mission and Outreach Coordinator for Homestead, where she developed and coordinated many programs. She has taught all levels of Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, and been advisor to church youth and young adults groups. The arts are one of her passions, which is a big plus when working with children. She taught multiple times at Synod School. She was a board member of Presbyterians for Earth Care and involved in environmental stewardship. And early in her career, she worked at the American College in Paris and the American Protestant Church in The Hague, in the Netherlands.
Preschool Director | firstname.lastname@example.org
Suzanne Schneider has served as Director of Westminster Preschool since January 2010. She brings to the table more than 20 years of experience directing preschool programs, as well as a strong knowledge of NAEYC accreditation and quality early childhood education. Suzanne is a member of NAEYC, NeAEYC, and LAEYC, president of the Nebraska Directors Association (NCCDA), and an adviser for the Child Development Associate program through the Council for Professional Recognition. Suzanne’s passion and dedication to her work and the children of Westminster Preschool are what make our program experience for children extraordinary!
Originally from San Jose, Calif., Suzanne relocated to Lincoln in 2000. She and her husband Mark have three children – Megan, Nick, and Drake. In her free time, Suzanne enjoys boating, spending time with her family, gardening, and photography.
- Business Administrator: Cheryl Rennick
- Administrative Secretary: Marge Tomlinson
- Communication Coordinator: Tracy Murray
- High School Youth Director: Devon Nelson
- Middle School Youth Director: Andrew Finkner
- Custodians: Richard Gruenemeyer, Lyudmila Fomina, Ryan McClain
- Maintenance: Mehmedalija Plicanic